Welcome to the Over Farm website…
The farm’s seasonal offering of fresh produce currently includes onions, pumpkins, butternut squash, strawberries, kale, cauliflower, broccoli, runner beans, rainbow chard, courgettes, lettuce, marrows, cabbage, new potatoes, carrots, beetroot and sweetcorn. Have a look at our produce timeline for more info.
Frightmare Halloween Festival 2014
Over Farm’s Frightmare Halloween Festival, the south west’s largest Halloween event, is almost upon us, so make sure you get your tickets today as our popular dates are filling up quickly. For 2014, there are four attractions, including the new Séance. See Frightmare Halloween Festival dates and book tickets now.
If you’re too scared to visit us after dark, there’s Halloween fun for all the family by day from 25th October – 2nd November, featuring tractor rides, Spooky’s Ghost Hunt, pick your own pumpkins, arts and crafts and much more. We are also running a pumpkin carving competition, in aid of National Star College, for children and adults – so there’s something for everyone!
Seasonal Recipe – Tasty Onion Soup
We’ve had many requests to share our recipe for our Newent Onion Fayre soup. So here it is – enjoy!
11.5oz/325g sliced onions
2 tbsp/1oz/30g plain flour
1.5 pints/850ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan.
- Cook the onions in the butter until softened. 5-10 minutes.
- Blend the flour into the stock – this prevents lumps. We use an electric handheld blender for this bit.
- Add the stock and seasoning to the onions – you will not need much salt.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes. Stir occasionally – this soup has a tendancy to stick the bottom of the saucepan!
Traditionally served with bread and cheese floating on top.
Get in Touch
We’re always looking for new and fun things to do on the farm, if you have any burning ideas of anything you’d like to see, no matter how big or small, please contact us on the contact page.
That’s all from us for now, thanks for reading!